9.08.2011

Google's Climate Neutrality Commitment

I have to start by apologizing to Google: I am sorry that I didn't know you had a climate neutrality commitment! I'm not surprised, of course, given their philosophy and general awesomeness. Anyway, this carbon neutrality agreement hits close to home given their recent partnership with the Duke Carbon Offsets Initiative (DCOI) at Duke University. Not only am I a current graduate student at Duke, but also I was recently hired as an intern by the DCOI. Google's video and blog post explain two projects that Google has invested in, the second of which is Duke's. This is very exciting news not just for Google and Duke, but for hog farmers across the US. One project might seem small, but it's a major success. Way to go Google & Duke!

No comments:

Post a Comment